Leura Accommodation - Blue Mountains
Leura - Blue Mountains Garden Village
Leura is one of the most popular towns in the Blue Mountains. It is sophisticated and charming and blessed with natural beauty. Just two hours drive from Sydney, it is perfect for a day trip or break away.
The heart of the village is Leura Mall. With its flowering trees in the centre of the street, it is the prettiest shopping strip in The Blue Mountains.
As soon as you enter The Mall you sense the special village atmosphere that makes Leura unique. The Mall is lined with boutiques, cafes, restaurants and specialty shops. But there is much more to Leura than that.
At the other end of The Mall – at Gordon Falls Reserve – you realise you are right at the edge of the World Heritage Blue Mountains National Park.
Leura is a perfect place to escape for a weekend away. Curl up in front of an open fire in a cosy B&B, guesthouse or hotel, enjoy gourmet food in a local restaurant, walk in the Australian bush and breathe clean crisp mountain air.
View Larger Map
Things to See and Do in Leura
- Explore the shops, galleries and cafes on The Mall.
- Don’t miss the Leura Gardens Festival, in October each year.
- Enjoy gourmet treats and buy unique items at the Leura Village Fair, October each year.
- Picnic or BBQ at Leura Cascades on Cliff Drive and enjoy easy walks to waterfalls nearby.
- Visit Sublime Point Lookout at the end of Sublime Point Rd - one of the best lookouts in the Blue Mountains.
- Visit Leuralla to see the Toy and Railway Museum, 36 Olympian Parade.
- See spectacular views from Olympian Park, opposite Leuralla Toy and Railway Museum.
- Stroll around Everglades Gardens and historic house at 37 Everglades Avenue.
- Take a drive along Cliff Drive to Echo Point and the Three Sisters.
Bushwalking around Leura
There are some outstanding bushwalks around Leura. Some take one hour and others take all day. Here are a few of the most popular:
- Prince Henry Cliff Walk: Leura Cascades to Echo Point, Katoomba: 2 hours one way - medium grade.
- Leura Cascades to Gordon Falls via Prince Henry Cliff Walk – great views: 2 -2½ hours return - medium grade.
- Leura Cascades - Federal Pass - Dardanelles Pass: 4 hours circuit - medium/hard grade.
- Leura Cascades-Federal Pass-Fern Bower Section: 2-3 hours circuit - medium grade.
- Lyrebird Dell and the Pool of Siloam: 2 hours circuit - medium grade. Rest at Lyrebird Dell near a sandstone cave and waterfall. The pool and waterfall of Siloam is a cool place to be in summer.
Visit the Blue Mountains Visitor Centre at Echo Point, Katoomba for detailed information on bushwalking in the region.
Obtain a copy of the booklet Walks Around Katoomba and Leura ($4) or Walking Track Guide: Bushwalking in the Katoomba and Leura Area ($6). These publications can also be be purchased online from the NSW Government Online Shop (Office of Environment and Heritage